one interesting life and adventure with my hubby

Settled in

on July 21, 2015

We have just about finished unpacking and rearranging everything, and so far everyone is much happier. Let us do a quick recap:

Wednesday I started putting the hustle on the packing, and packed up most of little man’s room, and the groceries we planned to take with us. I then got started on packing up hubby and I’s room, all while taking care of little man, laundry, and schoolwork. Last week was also finals week for me.

Thursday started out well enough, but when we went out to grab some dinner, we came back to find the house sweltering. Apparently, the AC unit died for the part of the house we lived in, with all the pets (except our pets were relocated to mom and dad’s, where we are now), and I had planned to take some things to the storage unit, rather than bring it on another move. I managed to pack up the car, and get the portable fans in the room for hubby and little man, and for the hour I was gone, the house got even hotter, at 6pm. There was a thunderhead and everything, but no breeze for the windows.

I came back to a cranky baby, wearing only a diaper and still sweaty, and a hubby who was also sweaty and unable to think straight. We quickly packed up what we needed for the night to stay with a friend (it was clearly not going to be fixed tonight), and we ran out of the house to get food and supplies before baby bed time.

Once hubby and little man were situated, I went back to the hot box to finish packing everything I could. I had stopped to get a few more boxes, and put the hustle on the packing, but I did not finish til nearly midnight. I was dripping in sweat, woozy, and exhausted. I had managed to pack everything but hubby’s computers and such, and take apart the bed. Everything else was ready for Saturday, the crib was disassembled, the groceries sorted and packed, the boxes packed, taped, and labeled. I went back to the friend’s house, and tried to fall asleep, but I could not because I was grubby from dried sweat. I showered in the morning and felt better, and hubby came back over to take us to the appointment I had scheduled in the major city an hour away.

We stopped at mom and dad’s on the way, and dropped off the things we would need to spend the night (a day early, but well received), and hustled to my appointment, grabbing food and making it there on time. Little man was exhausted, and hubby did his best to keep him happy during my appointment, and he fell asleep on the ride home in the ac.

We settled in for the night at mom and dad’s and we made the plans finalized about how the move would be handled the next day. I decided to stay at mom and dad’s (our new accommodations) with little man, while mom, dad, and hubby handled the moving process of the stuff. The only hiccup there was a box broke, and a jar of sauce smashed, but it was outside, and all was fixed in good time. They made it in and out in record time, thanks to my late night packing (in air conditioning, since the air got fixed Friday), and came home, where I helped as best I could to get little man’s room set up before his slightly overdue nap time. I ended up getting in a fight with the crib bolts, and had forgotten some of the bolts were sized, and did not bite when they could have if they were the right size in the right place. Hubby and mom helped, and eventually, little man was tucked away in nap time slumber.

I then started working on setting up the bedroom where hubby and I would be, while the three of them returned the moving truck and got some groceries. Hubby got me some beautiful roses, and I felt a lot better after having struggled hard to get everything together. I managed to dress the bed, put some things in the garage, walk the dresser from a vertical position back to the normal horizontal position, and set some of the things on top of it. I also hung up the clothes and put away some of the small stuff, while moving boxes in.

That evening, hubby, little man and I wandered to Bed Bath and Beyond, where we got a door shoe organizer, some lunch tupperware for hubby, and a rug for little man to play on in his play pen (the dogs love to track in the dirt). We also went to Home Depot and got some shelf supports for the wire shelving in our closet, since the brackets were not on studs and could not support a lot of weight. After a quick bit of ice cream, we went home and got little man in bed, and started situating things in the room. We slept well in the cool and comfortable room in our bed.

Sunday was a relaxing day, where I focused on finals before attempting to go to the pool. We went to the Town Center and Target, but were unable to go swimming due to storms. After a good dinner and a bath, little man was worn out and ready for bed, and hubby needed his sleep before his long drive to work in the town we moved away from. We went to bed early, and slept well again, except for little man, who wanted to be up and busy after midnight. Luckily, he did not disturb hubby or anyone else trying to sleep.

Monday morning brought the realization that hubby needed his own lamp in the bedroom, so I set one up for him after I was up and moving, and rearranged little man’s room a bit, since he was getting into things while still in his crib. Some further adjustments may be required, but it is going well. Everyone slept well Monday night, and everything is falling into place. The bedrooms are getting more put together, and the boxes are being broken down for their next use. The dogs have been bickering, but otherwise getting along, and the birds have been singing the praises of sunshine and music. The cats here also enjoy visiting, and making us feel at home.

Laundry has been cleaned, lunches are being made, and happiness abounds here, more so than was possible at the last place. I wish we had just moved here instead. I think everyone would have been happier.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: