one interesting life and adventure with my hubby

Satisfied Sunday

on May 19, 2014

Well, I should say the few days have been satisfying. I have gotten so much done, and I am proud of myself. Projects are getting lined up and done, and it looks like I will be going to school soon, something I have put off for far too long. I’m looking at business management, since I seem to be ok at leading, and I can do things that I like without being bogged down by too much. Yay there.

Friday I finished putting the blocks together, and we pinned the rows together. I may need to trim a few squares down here and there, but I hope to get the color blocks sewn together, and get the middle and back pinned on and started by Tuesday. Since we are leaving this coming Friday, I need to get as much done as I can before then. I vowed to have this finished before the end of May, and I don’t want to take it with me.

I spent part of Friday also making nursing pads for B, and I have made 8 pairs total by the end of today, four lime green, four in pink paisley, with white fleece backing, and black stitching. I had sent her pictures, and she loved it. I need to find more flannel to make 4 more pairs, and I may make a matching burp cloth for each color also for her. That will require another trip to Joann’s, since that is where I bought the flannel. I made one pair Friday, and made the rest this evening.

Friday, little man and I also ran some errands, leaving hubby home to relax and work on his certifications and schoolwork. We did some light grocery shopping, and I got my mommy pills, and thankfully, little man didn’t start fussing until we were almost home. We managed to get most everything we needed, including more colic calm for his tummy.

As for Saturday, well, we did wake up earlier, and hubby was amazing and donated blood for the first time since his dental surgery in February. One of the ladies was retiring, and they all loved on little man, who got a complementary ace wrap to match hubby, wrapped loosely around his arm. I am unable to handle the after affects of donating, but I supported hubby, and little man and I were very social, and he was even good nursing under cover.

This morning we took the dogs to petco to get their shots updated, and not only did I wake up early and feed little man, but I only dozed for a half hour before getting up on time to get the pups for their shots. Hubby and I made great time, and little man fell asleep on the ride down, and slept til we got back home, a few hours later. Hubby pushed him around the store in a buggy, while I waited with the pups for shots. After we finished there, we did drive through whataburger, and went home. The pups got pig ear slices as treats for being so good, they behaved better than I expected with all the other dogs and people.

Little man and had a nap on the couch in the early afternoon, and when he woke up to another leaky diaper, I knew I had to do something to make all my cloth diapers start pulling their weight. So I started boiling all the inserts, and spent over 5 hours boiling all but the two charcoal bamboo ones, since they have to be separate. As they boiled, I finished the nursing pads, and took care of little man. I also washed the diapers in the washer on hot, and hopefully, everything will work better now. I have had to pump here and there, as I still am very full, but little man is doing great.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: