one interesting life and adventure with my hubby

Maybe The Last Week of Pre-Mommy Life

on March 5, 2014

This has been a busy last few months. I went from dreaming of having a baby, and minor nesting, to now being possibly a week away from him being here. Okay, make that less than a week now, because if he doesn’t flip over, he will be here Monday.

Friday night we went to a friend’s house, and we played games and had a good time, staying up pretty darn late, and seeing lots and lots of deer on the way home. Having got the car out of the shop just a month ago because of a deer running into the car, we were more careful. I was all set to get up early for more bump pictures in the morning too..

Saturday the picture session fell through, so hubby went about getting his gun chest set up, and my mom asked that we come down and help her get a new computer for my dad. We had a friend over for a bit at the time, and hubby wanted to bring him with us, but I wasn’t sure if my dad was going to come, and I wanted to get the whole ordeal over with then instead of Sunday. one store I wanted to visit wasn’t open on Sundays, and everything closes early on Sunday anyway, so it would be easier to go on a Saturday, so off we went.

We went and got the specs for a computer, and we went to the Hobby Lobby to get some stuff for the stained glass mom was working on, and some carbon fiber design stuff for the case project hubby was working, as well as stamp bases to make the stamps for the swaddles hubby wants me to make. We then went to Outback for dinner, and mom got me a boppy nursing pillow, since someone I knew was going to bring me one had told me to make one instead. Gee thanks. The Once Upon A Child Store next to all the places we were at was awesome, so much bigger and better than the one closer to us. There were so many more toys and clothes and other things there. I resisted buying a st pattys day outfit for sprout, since I have no idea how big he will be, but there were some cute ones, and I may just end up doing a lot of those pictures myself. We had a lovely dinner at Outback, and then we went to Tiger Direct, where hubby found a computer in mom and dad’s price range that would work for them. While he set that computer up, mom and I went to a few Walmarts to try and find a full size mattress for the baby room, but no luck. Oh well. I ordered one when we got home, and it should be in before the company arrives.

Sunday I woke up early to eat breakfast, but I woke up hubby and he wanted to walk around somewhere, so we cruised Lowes, and then came home to work on the gun chest. We managed to put the whole thing together pretty quickly and easily, requiring only one more trip to Lowes, with me in a scooter that time with swollen feeties, to get some more boards to finish the lid, and I helped where I could, mostly by bracing the initial boards, suggesting screw placement, and how to put it together most efficiently. I was dead tired by this point, due to late nights and early mornings, so I took a nap for a few hours, but had some bad dreams.

Hubby had finished the chest when I arose, and was writing instructions with diagrams when I got up. We laid the foam on the bottom, and then the felt, and then set about for dinner while we waited for our friend to come help him move it into the bedroom.

Yesterday was a wash of a day for me, I was so tired from the weekend, that I slept most of the day, and pittered around when I was awake. I missed my sewing class to help hubby buy supplies for his next project, and we had dinner together. I also researched taking my own bump pictures, and found out I needed a remote for the camera, but couldn’t figure how to get one, so I read up on the timer before bed. Little man was pretty quiet today, moving here and there, just enough to let me know, but I was a little worried, as he is usually an acrobat.

Today I was a little more productive, I did our online stuff for our game, before washing some more baby stuff that came in, and organizing my fabric scrap pile. I tossed a whole bag of scraps I knew I didn’t like and wasn’t going to use. I also found some papers and cards I was looking for, so I was pretty busy. I also managed to tidy the kitchen up a bit as I made a late lunch, it was looking pretty ragged and unhappy. With the kitchen and dining room tidied up, I went and continued cleaning and prepping the baby room, putting sticky notes on the drawers that had contents, so people could find them and help me. We had gotten some of the stuff in from Babies R Us, and I set a lot of that stuff up. Hubby came home and wanted to use the gift cards we found, so we trekked to Target, where we had dinner at Whataburger, and browsed the Target, me in a wheelchair because of my ever swollen feet. I found a remote for the camera there, by lucky chance, so I know tomorrow I can do my self portraits. We also discussed getting little man home, and I need to make another carrier, this one a sling pouch, so I guess I will be working on that tomorrow as well.Thankfully, the sprout perked up when hubby got home, bumping and nudging as hubby talked, which was quite a relief for me at this point.

I usually get up with hubby and eat, loaf, and then go back to sleep, looks like instead of loafing, I’m going to make the carrier and get my make up and stuff in the room and test the camera with the remote before nap time. I also have more baby stuff to wash, and set up, as well as bags and such to trim down for the baby scrapbook, and I want to neaten up my scrapbook pile in the closet, since a lot of the newspapers can be trimmed down and tossed. I also have some more receipts to scan into my Neat, so I will need to get hoping on that. It also looks like we are going to move the old mattress out, and finish some of the last touches on the baby’s room, before he gets here. I fully expect to be exhausted tomorrow, but hopefully one step closer to being done.

Someone is supposed to be here Saturday to get the plumbing sorted out, so that we have hot water again before we get home from the hospital. I am hoping to have every little thing I can done and tended to before Sunday night, because I know I am not going to sleep well if it turns out he hasn’t flipped by Friday. I keep hoping he will, but I’m just not sure if he will.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: