one interesting life and adventure with my hubby

A Good Weekend Ends With Another Setback

on February 10, 2014

As you can probably tell, I had a productive weekend, but there has been another setback. More on that later, let us recap first.

Saturday morning saw me and hubby up around 9:30 A.M., and around 10 I went to see my local sewing shop owner and friend about the issues I was having with my sewing machine. She was able to diagnose it as a dull needle, and warned me that if my machine needs maintenace, it may be cheaper to go out and buy a new machine. I did get a low end one, but I was hoping to get more use out of it than this. I counted my blessings, and thanked her, and hubby and I went back home to work on the other projects.

I set out and painted up more of the furniture that will be going in the baby’s room, and got all but two big pieces and four drawers finished, and while the paint dried in the afternoon, I finished the heart pillows I was making for my friends who are doing our maternity pictures. I finished the two pillows and felt very accomplished.


I had slapped a second coat of paint on the pieces I was painting for the day, and was setting up the carriers, hoping to have everything laid out and just about finished by Monday, to show all the ladies how much I was progressing when we have our weekly sewing class at the shop.

We short notice decided to go see the Lego movie, and enjoyed that. It must have just come out, because the theater was packed, but me, hubby, and our friend were able to sit together and enjoy it. I misjudged the time of the movie, and in my waddle to use the bathroom, I missed the very end of the movie, but beat the crowds and waiting. Little man was hopped up from the ICEE and popcorn. We were able to leave and go home to let the pups out, and then get take out in time to play game night at a friend’s house, where hubby got to play rock band, and around midnight, we went home.

I was exhausted at this point, as I had stayed up late the night before, and was nice and tired. We were able to get a hot shower, which was nice, and crash and burn (as much as possible when you constantly have to wake up to go to the bathroom or roll from left to right and vice versa to get comfy. I do miss sleeping on my back), and slept in til noon today.

Today was a slower start, but hubby wanted Hardees when he roused me out of bed, so off we went, and we sent a good while waiting, as it seems they were short staffed for the lunch rush. I was given a free drink for our wait, as I don’t handle their food well, and we got me a sandwich from Arby’s. Then we walked around Lowe’s, and hubby got a timer for the L.E.D. rope lights, and we went home.

I got started on the painting again, touching up spots from yesterday, and letting those pieces dry in the refreshing sun and balminess of 65 degrees with no humidity. We even had the birds out front, and I whistled to them as I painted the head and foot board. The headboard was a pain, all these nooks and crannies, and I was just out of the mood, but I knew it needed to be done. Hubby has schoolwork due today, so he was off the hook for anything else really. That degree and the Dean’s List don’t make themselves. I wrapped up painting around 5:30 P.M., with the golden rays glowing on the garage walls as I slapped the paint on the top of the foot board and the drawers it held. They need another coat, but the pieces were brought inside before it got dark, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

I came in and rested for a few, making a small dinner, and getting the two loads of laundry in the washer as I relaxed. Hubby has been ever so helpful when he breaks from his game and school time, and I am thankful for all his help. He took care of the pups, and even gave them treats as I was out painting, and he brought the birds in and out for me, since the belly makes moving their cage difficult. He has also helped by moving laundry around for me.

I then set out to do more prepping of the carriers, and hoping to start sewing them together, but ran into more problems. It seems that either the needle is not right, or I have more than needle issues. I swapped my #12 for a #18, but the stitches were not even in the slightest, and the thread kept catching in internals of the machine. I switched threads and it seemed fine, but the color thread I need to sew with still gives me problems. I have given up for the night, and in the morning, I will switch out the needle to see if it helps my sewing problems.

I have so many sewing projects I wish to complete, and I hope that my problems are simple fixes, and I do not need to go out and buy a new machine to finish them. Granted, it is a low end machine, but I hope to get much more use out of it than I have thus far.

Sorry there are no pictures to go with this post, more will come later.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: